The #DahliaStory Continues..

Welcome to a brand new day. A day no one has ever seen. We thank God for the gift of life, even though I'm down with malaria. Thank God for my only friend in the neighbourhood that came to attend to me. If not for am ehn, I for get am hot. And to my big sister that was monitoring me from far away too, she do well. Sometimes I wonder why she loves me so much.Big shout out to them both.


So, some #DahliaStory.
I trained under a practising caterer/cake artist after NYSC for a period of 6 months. On completion of my apprenticeship, I was feeling like Jagaban. I acquired some equipment, tools and stuff and was feeling like I'm all ready to become cash madam. My mum has this very big shop that's out of use. She gave me the shop and renovated it for me too. Priceless! Na so I move in all my load o. I don run go do banner, do showglass, do all-what-not. It felt good to be my own boss and not write any applications for jobs wey no dey..
I started with making chin-chin. See me hustling for customers na. It was fun, cuz I love to talk. And being so confident about my product, I didn't have to talk too much to convince my customers. Soon, I was getting huge orders that I couldn't handle. Guess who my "employees" were? My mum, my dad, my brothers (I don't have a sister, lol). I would bribe them with chinchin and get them to help me. One thing I hate doing is disappointing my customers. If I tell you Friday, rest assured that Thursday night, your job is ready. I don't joke with my integrity. If I know it can't be ready for when you need it, I'd rather not take the job, than take it, tell you I can do it and then be avoiding your calls when they start pouring in.
So, with my family on my "payroll", I delivered the jobs successfully and my clients were happy.
But something happened. I realized that I was losing money. How? After putting N100 for instance into production, my proceeds could be like N92. No gain o, even capital was disappearing!

In the next post, I'd be telling you how I handled the matter. Battery running out. And we no get light. Naija, I hail.

Post soon. *Muah*



Comments

  1. hmmm... pulling a chair for more gist. cant wait. i see u being real and truthful. kip it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Excited. Guess What??

#Dahlia's Blog. Activated!

Missed Y'all..