Missed Y'all..
Yaay, people! Where have I been? I've missed you guys o.
What's happening with y'all? How has your day been?
I have been AWOL for a few days now.. My head has been buried so deep in research here and there but I've been thinking about you and just could not wait to be with y'all again.
I'm here now.. who missed me? :-D :-*
Well, as usual, we are telling some more #DahliaStory but let me quickly chip this in:
During my research, I came across a lot of information that left me speechless. It made me say to myself, "you can't afford to remain stagnant. Constant self-development is key to remaining relevant in your industry".
You have to learn to grow. Acquire more skills. Attend seminars. Meet and form a network with other people in your industry. You'd have access to so much information you never knew existed, and you'd be amazed at what you can do with all the information.
I am doing a lot of that and when I finally unleash what I've got on the inside, y'all would marvel..
So dear readers, please take some time to develop yourselves in your chosen area of specialization and you would find out that you'd be blazing trails for others to follow..
That said, let's share some #DahliaStory, shall we?
After I got my business name registered, I made a few weak attempts at making fliers and business cards but I couldn't. I was fast running out of cash. I figured I would use social media and word of mouth to spread the news. Well, in my immediate sphere of contact, it worked. I started with my church.
My church is a District Headquarters church, so I had the opportunity of meeting more people than are in my neighbourhood. People who stayed far away from the area were part of the congregation and so, I saw it as a ripe market for my business. I started to tell my fellow choir members (I sing and I really love to. Woulda been a singer if I wasn't baking cakes) that I make and sell cakes so they were eager to taste. That was my first official production of cakes under the name #Dahlia. Everyone who tasted the cakes wanted some more and they were impressed at the taste. They however advised that I improve on my packaging. Let me drop a key point here for intending entrepreneurs: always listen to your customers for feedback and constructive criticisms. They are the consumers of your product, so you have to meet their needs.
I went back to the drawing board, came back with a better and more attractive package and guess what? My sales skyrocketed! Jesus! Na so e dey be?
Everyone was asking for cake o. Some would buy several at a time, some even bought up to a dozen at once! Phew! Sales was good. I didnt rest on that o. Being gifted with sweet tongue and strong persuasive skills, I would persuade people to buy cakes. People that ordinarily wouldnt approach me to ask for cakes were buying my cakes because I took it to them and made sure they bought!
Dahlia cakes started becoming quite popular in church. My choir people were beginning to ask for cakes upon seeing me.
Just seeing me o, even before they greet me, you'd hear something like, "where is cake?", "did you bring cake?", "I want cake o"...
To be continued...
What's happening with y'all? How has your day been?
I have been AWOL for a few days now.. My head has been buried so deep in research here and there but I've been thinking about you and just could not wait to be with y'all again.
I'm here now.. who missed me? :-D :-*
Well, as usual, we are telling some more #DahliaStory but let me quickly chip this in:
During my research, I came across a lot of information that left me speechless. It made me say to myself, "you can't afford to remain stagnant. Constant self-development is key to remaining relevant in your industry".
You have to learn to grow. Acquire more skills. Attend seminars. Meet and form a network with other people in your industry. You'd have access to so much information you never knew existed, and you'd be amazed at what you can do with all the information.
I am doing a lot of that and when I finally unleash what I've got on the inside, y'all would marvel..
So dear readers, please take some time to develop yourselves in your chosen area of specialization and you would find out that you'd be blazing trails for others to follow..
That said, let's share some #DahliaStory, shall we?
After I got my business name registered, I made a few weak attempts at making fliers and business cards but I couldn't. I was fast running out of cash. I figured I would use social media and word of mouth to spread the news. Well, in my immediate sphere of contact, it worked. I started with my church.
My church is a District Headquarters church, so I had the opportunity of meeting more people than are in my neighbourhood. People who stayed far away from the area were part of the congregation and so, I saw it as a ripe market for my business. I started to tell my fellow choir members (I sing and I really love to. Woulda been a singer if I wasn't baking cakes) that I make and sell cakes so they were eager to taste. That was my first official production of cakes under the name #Dahlia. Everyone who tasted the cakes wanted some more and they were impressed at the taste. They however advised that I improve on my packaging. Let me drop a key point here for intending entrepreneurs: always listen to your customers for feedback and constructive criticisms. They are the consumers of your product, so you have to meet their needs.
I went back to the drawing board, came back with a better and more attractive package and guess what? My sales skyrocketed! Jesus! Na so e dey be?
Everyone was asking for cake o. Some would buy several at a time, some even bought up to a dozen at once! Phew! Sales was good. I didnt rest on that o. Being gifted with sweet tongue and strong persuasive skills, I would persuade people to buy cakes. People that ordinarily wouldnt approach me to ask for cakes were buying my cakes because I took it to them and made sure they bought!
Dahlia cakes started becoming quite popular in church. My choir people were beginning to ask for cakes upon seeing me.
Just seeing me o, even before they greet me, you'd hear something like, "where is cake?", "did you bring cake?", "I want cake o"...
To be continued...
great.... d story just began. sitting tite for more gist. weldone
ReplyDeleteNelly Smart, thanks for your comments. They make me wanna keep doing this. Bless, ma'am
ReplyDelete