Hello, #DahliaLovers..

My people! How una dey? Lovely Thursday afternoon to you all. How's your day going? As for me, I'm getting better. I had to run home to family. I probably was missing home too, in addition to the malaria. Lol.

I'm excited o. I got my first official comment on here.
Yaaay! Shout out to nelly smart whose comment brightened my day. I'm glad you like the blog. More juicy gist coming your way. And yes, I did mention a cake-tasting party coming soon, so watch out!  *wink*

Back to some #Dahlia story.. I was talking about how I handled the capital-leaking. Just before then, let me talk about how I started off marketing my products.
Cupcakes! #50 chinchin. Showglass display! I was selling chinchin and cupcakes but I wanted the bigger ceremony cakes. I kuku got a few in the neighbourhood.. Id' try look for the pictures and see if I can upload. Business seemed to be moving. But I wanted more like Oliver Twist. So one day, I baked 2 6" plain uncovered cakes, made some real nice crunchy chinchin and took it to one bank about #200 away from my house. The reception was amazing. They loooved the chinchin and the cake, and I even got cake orders from some of the staff. Just for their eating pleasure. I sold all my products that day and with the order for more, I said to myself, "I don hammer". But business no be like that o. I would share how and why I stopped that bank supply sometime soon.

So, back to the capital-leaking matter:
Once again, mumsy came through for me. She advised that I sit down and calculate how much I put into each production, to the very last kobo, then see how much I realise after sales. Much as I hate business calculations, I knew that was the only way forward. You see, before now, I hated business! With hot passion. The hatred goes waaaay back to JSS 1. I had just discovered a new and free world as a boarding student. I found out you could choose what class to attend and not to attend. (That was the beginning of my pitfall as a student). I loved being in class especially for English, Literature and French lessons but once the Business Studies teacher came in through the front door, I made my own exit through the back. For some reason I can't explain, I just couldn't wrap my head around the business jargons I heard in the first class. Then I think, the teacher then was a student teacher on TP. So I just couldn't stand him and his ugly face! Chai! Those days back at BGS. Lol. I was a truant. I sometimes wonder how I turned out this well..
So sha, I never liked business matters. My specialty was sciences and I had (still have) a strong passion for arts. But na me no wan find job, so I had no choice but to comply. That was how I found out o. That I was dashing my customers my money! Hehe. It wasn't funny o. It was then I understood why Nigerian producers reduce the quality and/or quality of their products after a while. Unstable prices of raw materials and cost of production in general got no chills. And yo, they gorra make profit mehn! So they do whatever they can to help their ministries..
So, as a Nigerian Producer, I followed the trend. I reduced all the reduce-ables o. Reduced eggs, butter, anything to help move my ministry forward. But, sorry was my name as patronage started reducing small by small. Ha! This wasn't what I planned ke! I planned to be raking in cool money and be smiling to the bank. But Production Business no be so. Even the cake patronage sef, wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. So I concluded that I would need to move to town, where "business is moving". All this while, I operated in one of Lagos' many suburbs (my papa compound till date) but I decided to move to where e dey happen. "That is what this business needs..", I concluded.
But how do I begin to convince my ex-military father and teacher mother, that their little, mid 20s' daughter should move to town all by herself and start fending for herself all alone? That one go hard small o. Knowing how over-protective my parents could be, I knew I had to get a job that would require me to relocate. They sha wont say I shouldnt work ke?
Na so I start o. Applications  began rolling out. None was physical. Did all  on my Tecno N7 android that year, with the support of my Bold 6. And after a month, I got a job at Berger. Yes! That was just what I needed. To leave the house for these people that wont let me breathe. I need to market my business ojare.

That was how I moved out of my parents house, to be on my own. Till date.
Just follow me as the #Dahlia story unfolds.. *winks*

Comments

  1. �� For a nice effort on this passion driven path of yours. Good for a start and I believe with time it will go more colourful. Soar higher sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank God ur better. yah.. i agree with oke micheal. ur gonna get dia someday. cant wait for the cake tasting....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Excited. Guess What??

#Dahlia's Blog. Activated!

Missed Y'all..